About Dr. Houman Danesh
Dr. Houman Danesh is a pain management specialist treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. He combines interventional pain management techniques with physical therapy, yoga, and acupuncture to provide an integrative approach to pain management. Dr. Danesh holds certification from the American Board of Pain Management and is affiliated with the Mount Sinai Hospital. For his undergraduate degree, Dr. Danesh attended the University of California, Los Angeles. He completed a master’s degree in physiology and biophysics at Georgetown University and pursued his medical degree at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine. Dr. Danesh continued his medical education at the Mount Sinai Hospital, receiving his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency training and completing a fellowship program in pain management. Patients visiting Dr. Danesh can receive a full range of medical services. His areas of clinical focus include rehabilitation management, low back pain, sports medicine, complex regional pain syndrome, chronic neck pain, and spinal stenosis.
- Pain Management Specialist
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Faculty Practice Associates
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Education and training
- Medical School - Virginia Commonwealth University, Doctor of Medicine
- Long Island College Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Fellowship in Pain Management
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor’s)
- Georgetown University, Master’s in Physiology and Biophysics
Awards and publications
- Certified in Medical Acupuncture
Dr. Houman Danesh's office locations
Pain Management & Wellness Dept of Anesthesiology
Mount Sinai Doctors - West 57th Street
200 West 57th St, Suite 1208
New York, NY 10019
Pain Management & Wellness Dept of Anesthesiology
Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice
5 East 98th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10029
Patient reviews for Dr. Houman Danesh
Dr. Danesh was great, explained the possible causes of my back in a way that any one could understand. I’ve already scheduled my follow-up with him.
very pleasant and honest Dr. Would recommend.
The entire appointment process from beginning to end was seamless, smooth, and efficient. I was able to book an appointment as a new patient for a visit with the doctor the following day. I received a reminder text via ZocDoc the morning of the visit, and once arriving at the doctor's office I was called into an exam room within 10 minutes by Dr. Danesh himself. I met with him a few minutes before seeing his fellow, who examined me for my knee pain. They worked together to determine the best plan for my care, thoroughly explaining and answering my questions. After the appointment, I was able to easily schedule a follow up. I would certainly recommend this physician and practice to anyone looking for pain management care.
I've been seeing Dr. Danesh and he is amazing! I've been dealing with neck and shoulder pain and Dr. Danesh always informative and makes me feel at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Danesh.
Everyone was professional and positive. Dr. Danesh is approachable and thorough. I went for an X-ray immediately for a chronic problem and expect to start physical therapy next week. I am grateful.
Dr. Danesh is extremely compassionate and thorough. He tailored a comprehensive treatment plan for me and made me feel confident in my recovery when other doctors could not. He followed up promptly with my physician and with me. Couldn't recommend a doctor more highly.
Dr. Danesh is an amazing perceptive doctor.
I am very happy to meet Dr. Danesh. He has excellent bedside manner and he took his time to listen to my numerous complaints and frustration on a chronic condition I've been suffering since the beginning of this year. I left the office feeling very hopeful with his treatment plan.
I left with a clear understanding of my spinal issues and future direction. Honest, direct answers after thorough exam. Ten out of ten (not on the pain scale).
Dr. Danesh was extremely perceptive and helpful, and answered my questions thoroughly.
It was very good. We finally have a diagnosis for my knee problem, and a good, conservative approach to correct the issue.
It was a quick visit in which he determined I had a detatched ligament or two in my knee, and then sent me to radiology. We meet again tomorrow.
Dr. Danesh is an extremely knowledgeable and able physician. I think anyone can benefit from his professionalism.
Very knowledgeable, specific, tangibly helpful. I feel very confident after seeing him that we can fix my back. Also very pleasant to talk to.
- Atlanta, GA Pain Management Specialists
- Austin, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Chicago, IL Pain Management Specialists
- Dallas, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Denver, CO Pain Management Specialists
- Houston, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Pain Management Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Pain Management Specialists
- New York, NY Pain Management Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Pain Management Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Pain Management Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Pain Management Specialists
- San Diego, CA Pain Management Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Pain Management Specialists
- Washington, DC Pain Management Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Abdominal Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Anti-Pain Stimulator Implantation
- Arm Pain
- Back Pain
- Botox Treatment
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Post Surgical Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Ear Pain
- Electromyograph (EMG)
- Heel Pain
- Hip Pain
- Joint Pain
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pain Management Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- Cigna Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Pain Management Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pain Management Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pain Management Specialists
- More Insurances