About Dr. Howard Freedberg
With over 25 years of orthopedic experience, Dr. Freedberg is known locally as, “The Knee Expert.” Most recently, he developed an innovative double bundle ACL Reconstruction Technique in conjunction with Biomet with whom he is an independent contractor; which is now being recognized and implemented, internationally. Beyond knees, Dr. Freedberg provides a complete range of orthopaedic surgical services including full and partial joint replacement. Dr. Freedberg is a Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has subsequently been recertified twice by the same governing board. Also subspecialty Board Certified by the Sports Medicine American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and the American Forensic Association. Nationally renowned, Dr. Freedberg was deemed a Master Instructor of Arthroscopic Surgery by the Arthroscopy Association of North America, serves as an instructor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, a consulting physician to the Player’s Association for the NFL and MLB, team physician for five local high schools, recognized by U.S. News as a Top Doctor and in April 2011 was awarded the “Best Doctor Award” by Chicago Magazine. Dr. Freedberg lectures on his theories and techniques, on subjects that include not only knee reconstructions but many other joints of the body including the shoulder of which he is also recognized as an expert by his peers. He has published numerous articles on the subject of arthroscopy. He is presently involved in novel research on the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) with the robotic knee testing device which is a revolutionary computerized knee testing device.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center
- Saint Alexius Medical Center
- Sherman Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (Orthopaedic Surgery)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Residency in Orthopedics
- Wellington Sports Medicine Center, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Bone and Joint Institute, Cincinnati, Fellowship in Reconstructive Arthritis Surgery
Dr. Howard Freedberg's office locations
2112 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
1110 W. Schick Road
Bartlett, IL 60103
1600 North Randall Rd, Suite 110
Elgin, IL 60123
800 Biesterfield Road, Suite 565
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Patient reviews for Dr. Howard Freedberg
great Dr but needs help with post op followup. he knows his stuff but follow up is important to me
Very poor medical services, doctor never examined me,just asked PA'S opinion. Very poor bedside manner. I guess I should have known taking 1st doctor appointment available.
The visit was great. I was treated very well by both the staff and MD, and was happy with the treatment by Dr. Freedberg and his assistant. He provided the treatment necessary for my condition and I will return to him for follow up. Unfortunately, your website did not send my paperwork to the doctor's office as you had stated, and I had to fill out the paperwork again when I got there, delaying my appointment time.
Very Nice guy.. Very informative
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Freedberg. The front office is great, Dr. Freedberg was not only able to quickly diagnose the problems my son was having but also explained the what and why. The course of treatment included physical therapy and I strongly believe that Dr. Freedberg's explanation and bedside manner contributed to my son following the PT order and healing faster.
Perfect bedside manner. Very knowledgeable in his field. Answered all my questions. Requested another dr. To give a 2nd. Opinion. I'm sure glad a I switched Drs. I'm having a complete knee replacement and I feel very comfortable allowing dr. Free erg to do it.
It went very well.
Wasnt quite helpful.. he didnt even touch to see wats happening.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances