About Dr. Kamran Samakar
*Please note the following conditions below must be met to schedule an appointment with Dr. Samakar: 1) Ages 18-70 2) BMI 35 + Hypertension (treated) and/or Documented Sleep Apnea and/or Documented Osteoarthritis of the Large Joints and/or Type II Diabetes OR 3) BMI of 40 and above Kamran Samakar, MD, is a board certified general surgeon in the Division of Upper GI and General Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. Dr. Samakar completed medical school at the University of Minnesota and then went on to complete residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center where he was awarded the "Chief Resident of the Year Award." He completed his fellowship training at Harvard Medical School in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery. Dr Samakar also holds an advanced degree in Bioethics and Health Law. Dr. Samakar's practice includes full spectrum general surgery with a specialty in bariatric surgery incorporating minimally invasive techniques as well as robotics. His clinical interests are obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hernias, and minimally invasive techniques. He is an assistant professor of clinical surgery at the Keck USC School of Medicine and is actively involved in academics and research studies. Philosophy of care: My goal is to serve each patient to the very best of my ability.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Bariatric Surgeon
- American Board of Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Minnesota, Doctor of Medicine
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Fellowship in Surgery
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Residency in General Surgery
Dr. Kamran Samakar's office location
Keck Medicine of USC - Surgery
Keck Medicine of USC - Health Sciences Campus
1450 San Pablo St, HC4 - 6200
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Patient reviews for Dr. Kamran Samakar
Informative & educational.
It was fine, everyone was helpful.
Great! Lots of information.
I think it was good.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Bariatric Surgery Consultation
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery Consultation
- Nissen Fundoplication
- Obesity / Weight Loss Consultation
- Revisional Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Consultation
- Weight Loss Follow Up
- Weight Loss Operation
- Weight Loss Surgery Consultation
- Weight Loss Surgery Follow Up
- More Procedures