Dr. Kian Makipour, MD, MS
Dr. Kian Makipour is a diligent and attentive gastroenterologist in Woodbridge, VA. Dr. K Makipour is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and certified to practice gastroenterology. Dr. K Makipour is a Northern Virginia Magazine Top Doctor. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association and the American Medical Association. Dr. Makipour is currently working with is father, Dr. Houshang Makipour and Dr. Alexandra Modiri, and serving patients at the Northern Virginia Endoscopy Center, which is fully accredited by the AAAHC and utilizes the most advanced technology. Dr. Makipour earned his medical education from the Eastern Virginia Medical School. He then began his postdoctoral training with an internal medicine internship at the Temple University Hospital. While at the Temple University Hospital, Dr. Makipour completed his internal medicine residency, fellowship in gastroenterology, and his fourth-year fellowship in advanced interventional endoscopy. He also served as a faculty member at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Makipour has extensive experience performing complex GI procedures. He performs many procedures and is an expert in colon cancer screening. Dr. Makipour has presented numerous abstracts at national meetings and has published several articles in prestigious gastroenterology journals. Dr. K Makipour has privileges at both Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center and INOVA Fairfax Hospital. Disclaimer: We will ask you to fill out additional paperwork at our office
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Eastern Virginia Medical School, Doctor of Medicine
- Temple University Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Temple University Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Temple University Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Temple University Hospital, Fellowship in Advanced Interventional Endoscopy
- Georgetown University, Master’s in Human Physiology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- 1.Makipour K, Friedenberg F. The Potential Role of N-Acetylcysteine for the Treatment of Helicobacter pylori. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 2011 Nov-Dec 45(10)841-3.
- 2.Friedenberg FK, Makipour K, Palit A, Shah S, Vanar V, Richter J. A Population-Based Assessment of Heartburn in Urban Black Americans. Diseases of the Esophagus 2012 Dec 13.
- 3.Miller LS, Vegesna AK, Sampath AM, Prabhu S, Kotapati SK, Makipour K. Ileocecal Valve Dysfunction in Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth: A Pilot Study. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2012 Dec 14;18(46):6801-8.
Houshang Makipour, MD
2280 Opitz Boulevard, Suite 200
Woodbridge, VA 22191