Dr. Kristin Bender, OD
Dr. Kristin Bender is a Board Certified Optometric Physician who has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Bender graduated Cum Laude from the University of Alabama-Birmingham with a doctoral degree in Optometry and completed her residency at St. Luke’s Cataract and Eye Institute. She also completed an internship in Advanced Knowledge of Evaluation and Diagnosis of Vitreo-Retinal Diseases and Disorders at The Macula Center. She is a member of the American Optometric Association, Georgia Optometric Association, Optometric Honor Society and Gold Key International. She has worked side-by-side with some of the top optometric surgeons such as Dr. James P. Gills MD., one of the top cataract surgeons, and Dr. Dana Deupree MD, one of the top retinal surgeons. Dr. Bender practices all aspects of eye care -- family, pediatric, geriatric, eye disease and diagnosis(including eye infections, dry eye, pre- and post-op eye surgery care, contact lens fitting, routine eye care, emergency and much more). Her outside interests include spending time with her five children and participating in their activities. She also enjoys swimming, running, golf, cooking, and playing the clarinet and piano.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- St. Luke’s Cataract & Laser Institute (Residency)
- The Macula Center, Internship in Advanced Knowledge of Evaluation and Diagnosis of Vitreoretinal Diseases and Disorders
- University of Alabama, Birmingham, Doctor of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry
- Georgia Optometric Association
9925 Haynes Bridge Road, Suite 710
Johns Creek, GA 30022