About Dr. Leesa Galatz
***Please note the office will contact you to confirm your insurance information to ensure you don’t incur additional charges. Leesa Galatz is a diligent and detail-oriented orthopedic surgeon and shoulder and elbow surgeon serving the community of New York, NY. Dr. Galatz attended medical school at George Washington University, where she completed her residency in orthopedic surgery. Dr. Galatz continued her training by completing a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Galatz is a part of Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice and is affiliated with Mount Sinai Roosevelt in New York, NY. Dr. Galatz is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Galatz is devoted to ensuring the longevity of her patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. She takes her time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all her patients.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon
- Mount Sinai Roosevelt
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - George Washington University, Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania, Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Awards and publications
- 2014 - Kappa Delta Ann Doner Vaughn Award-“Natural History of Rotator Cuff Disease: Relationship to Surgical Indications”; Awarded annually by AAOS and ORS for research representing a large body of cohesive scientific work generally reflecting years of investigation.
- 2013 - Orthopedics This Week” One of the 28 Top North American Shoulder Surgeons
- 2009 - American Orthopaedic Association ABC Traveling Fellow
- 2009 - Charles S. Neer Award for American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- 2008 - 2013 St Louis Magazine” Best Doctors in America
Dr. Leesa Galatz's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice
5 E 98th St, 9th Fl
New York, NY 10029
Patient reviews for Dr. Leesa Galatz
Great staff. Everyone was really nice and efficient. Thank you!
I am very satisfied
Dr. Galatz was wonderful! She gave me so much information about my condition and ways to conteract the discomfort. She took time diagnosing my condition and explained the causes and symptoms associated with it. She was direct and thorough.
I was extremely pleased with Dr. Galatz. She was easy to talk to, did not push any specific treatment and made very helpful recommendations. I will take her advise, have scheduled an MRI and will go back to see her for the next phase of possible treatment.
Dr Galatz was very professional. She explained everything to me, went over my options, and took the time to answer any question and concern I had. A great appointment.
She is supremely talented, incisive, insightful, and swift.
Explained my condition in terms I could totally understand.
Through no fault of Dr. Galataz's, she got to see me a bit under 30 minutes.
She was terrific. She explained everything clearly and answered all my questions.
Def recommend. Great doctor. Her and her staff are very pleasant and warm. She is a wonderful doctor with great bedside manner, answering all my questions and concerns without rush.
Dr. Galatz is warm, personable, and professional. I had my concerns addressed quickly and was given advice on how to manage my condition in order to prevent the problem from happening again. I am a physician, so I can easily say that a visit with Dr. Galatz is certainly worth your while!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Elbow Deformities
- Elbow Dislocation / Instability
- Elbow Injury
- Elbow Problems
- Elbow Surgery
- MRI - Shoulder
- Shoulder Deformities
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Injury
- Shoulder Problem
- Shoulder Surgery
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances