Dr. Mel Cleveland, OD
With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Mel Cleveland has served in the U.S. Army (Chief of Optometry, First Calvary Division, Fort Hood, TX), and in the U.S. Navy Reserve (NAS Dallas Fleet Hospital Unit). As an optometric glaucoma specialist, he is able to provide quality eye care for his patients. Dr. Cleveland is a diplomate of the American Board of Optometry and has expertise in contact lenses and ocular disease management. He is currently co-owner of practices in Arlington (Vision Source Professional Eyecare Associates) and in Fort Worth (Vision Source Fort Worth). In addition to performing research for numerous contact lens companies, he has served as a clinical investigator for Alcon Laboratories, performing in office research studies. Dr. Cleveland also worked in Alcon’s Fort Worth Research Clinic performing clinical ophthalmic drug and contact lens solution studies while providing ongoing eye and vision care to members of the employee research pool.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Optometry
Education and training
- University of Alabama (Bachelor's)
- University of Alabama, Birmingham
- American Optometric Association
- Tarrant County Optometric Society
- Texas Optometric Association
Awards and publications
- U. S. Army, Chief of Optometry, First Calvary Division, Fort Hood, TX
- U.S. Navy Reserve, NAS Dallas Fleet Hospital Unit
Vision Source Professional Eyecare
3703 West Green Oaks Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76016