About Dr. Michael D. Paul
We are dedicated to improving the patient’s quality of life by providing timely, compassionate and professional orthopedic care and at affordable rates. The patient is treated in the same manner that we would treat our ourselves and our own relatives, and making ourselves available whenever they need us. We want you to join that group of patients that we now regard as part of our larger family The “Orthopedic“ part of Orthopedic Care Associates reflects our professional work in addressing disorders of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles of the body, otherwise called the musculoskeletal system. Such conditions may be due to simple falls, sports related injuries, injuries suffered in the work place, motor vehicle accidents, and yes, the conditions that creep up as we all get older, such as arthritis and osteoporosis. The “CARE” in OCA is to emphasize that we are here to listen to you, help you find the diagnosis of your symptoms and provide you with a common sense approach to the management of your condition. We will advise you on the latest non-operative treatment options, such as proper nutrition, healthy foot wear, appropriate medications and injections as well as physical therapy. When surgery is unavoidable, this too is discussed and the patient is involved in the decision making on the type, time and facility for the procedure to be done.
- Workers' Compensation
- Orthopedic Surgeon
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Maryland, James Lawrence Kernan Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Surgery
- University of Birmingham, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Awards and publications
- The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa, Diploma in Child Health
Dr. Michael D. Paul's office location
Michael D. Paul M.D.
12501 Prosperity Dr., Ste. 330
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Patient reviews for Dr. Michael D. Paul
I’m 50/50 with my recommendation. His bedside manner was great but how I was advised of the payment and the diagnosis leaves me to question a few things. I DID end up having a clot in my leg, and a month later after being told NO I had one in my legs and lungs. I almost feel like I was just money and not a patient. So maybe I should lower my rating :(
Perfect. I feel welcome.
It was good.
I think is good, me and Doctor speak about my accident.
I like it, from the help I receive at the front desk to the doctor, its all top notch. I do enjoy the conversations with Dr. Paul. His vast knowledge in a lot of topics is pretty appreciated.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances