Dr. Michael Neuwirth, MD
Spine Specialist, Orthopedic Surgeon
***Please note the office will contact you to confirm your insurance information to ensure you don’t incur additional charges. Dr. Michael Neuwirth is an orthopaedic surgeon treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. He holds certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a member of professional organizations including the North American Spine Society and the Scoliosis Research Society. Dr. Neuwirth is also affiliated with the Mount Sinai Hospital, where he serves as a professor of orthopaedics. In order to pursue his medical degree, Dr. Neuwirth attended the State University of New York, Upstate Medical University. He continued his medical education with a surgical internship at the Kings County Hospital Center and residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. Neuwirth has also completed a fellowship program in spine surgery at Rush University. Patients visiting Dr. Neuwirth can receive a full range of orthopaedic services. His areas of clinical focus include scoliosis, spinal fusion, spinal stenosis, kyphosis, and disc herniation. In addition to his practice, Dr. Neuwirth is the author of The Scoliosis Handbook, as well as numerous articles and contributions to textbook chapters.
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthFirst (NY)
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Spine Specialist
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Faculty Practice Associates
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- Kings County Hospital Center, Internship in Surgery
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Rush University, Fellowship in Spine Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
Awards and publications
- Doctor Michael Neuwirth has been selected by Castle and Connolly Top Doctors for the New York Metropolitan Area for the past 10 years.
- Selected multiple times for New York Magazine's Top Doctors.
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice
5 East 98th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10029