Dr. Oluyemi Badero, MD
Cardiologist, Primary Care Doctor, Internist
Dr Oluyemi Badero obtained his first medical degree- MBBS from Obafemi Awolowo University (formerly University of Ife), Nigeria. He also worked in reputable hospitals in Nigeria before immigrating to the USA in 1988. Dr. Badero received his internship and residency training in Internal Medicine at SUNY Downsatate – Kings County Hospitals, Brooklyn, New York, where he also served as a Chief Resident. He completed three separate Fellowship training programs in critical care medicine,Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional cardiology. The latter at Yale University Program, Bridgeport, Connecticut. Dr Badero is triple board certified making him one of a very few African Americans Specialists in his field. Having completed and unprecedented nine consecutive years of post graduate training in the USA, he is a highly regarded in the filed of cardiology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and an active member of many other professional organizations, including American Medical Association, National Medical Association, and Association of Black Cardiologists. Dr Badero is a recipient of several awards and prizes for academic and scholastic excellence. He is widely published in several peer review journals and neighborhood magazines. He was recently honored by the New York State Assembly (May 2003). The highest honor he has received to date was the citation given on him at the United States Congress. However, the best and most cherished award (according to Yemi) that he has received so far is the Great Ife Alumni award for Excellence and Distinction in the fall of 2004.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Primary Care Doctor
- Kings County Hospital Center
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Bridgeport Hospital, Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease
- Medical School - Obafemi Awolowo University College of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Critical Care Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Cardiovascular Disease
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
Awards and publications
- America's Top Cardiologist 3 Years Running
- Featured in the Cover Story on "Best Black Doctors" in February 2003 Issue of the Network Journal
- United States Congressional Honor
Oluyemi Badero, M.D.
1932 Rockaway Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11236
Oluyemi Badero, M.D.
687 Lenox Road
Brooklyn, NY 11203