Dr. Rachel Mckenna, MD
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Welcome! I provide online visits to allow you to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home. For all new patients, expect an email to confirm your appointment. We ask that you respond to this email in order to confirm the appointment. We are out-of-network with all insurance providers and so our policies (provided in the email) will provide you with the information regarding the cost of the visit and how we work with insurance. *Please be aware that there is a 24 hour cancellation policy* Dr. Metheny-McKenna, is a child, adolescent and general psychiatrist who has worked in a variety of clinical settings. After graduating in high standing from an accelerated and combined undergraduate/graduate school at the University of Missouri, Dr. Metheny-McKenna completed her internship and residency at Washington University in St. Louis. After Dr. Metheny-McKenna graduated from her residency in general psychiatry, she continued her education at Washington University by completing a fellowship in child & adolescent psychiatry. During her medical training, she was promoted to Chief Physician. Dr. Metheny-Mckenna has been a leader within the psychiatric community. During her fellowship, she was selected to the Regional Executive Committee of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. She also served as the psychiatric quality improvement chair at Washington University. Dr. Metheny-Mckenna looks forward to helping you and your family!
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Washington University, St. Louis, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Washington University, St. Louis, Residency in Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
Awards and publications
- Cooks T, Davis TK, Hu J, Metheny R, Schwartz M, Gerona R. "Smoking" guns: Answers. Pediatr Nephrol. 2014 Oct 21.
- Cooks T, Davis TK, Hu J, Metheny R, Schwartz M, Gerona R. "Smoking" guns: Questions. Pediatr Nephrol. 2014 Oct 21.
MD SUPPORT, LLC
360 Central Avenue, Suite 800
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
MD SUPPORT, LLC
4830 W Kennedy Blvd, Suite 600
Tampa, FL 33609