About Dr. Richard Frieden
Dr. Frieden is Medical Director of the Amputation Specialty Program and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation and Human Performance, where he began his career thirty-one years ago. His areas of specialization include helping to prevent leg amputation, the treatment of people with recent amputations as well as those who already wear prostheses, the elderly, musicians, and other performing artists. Dr. Frieden graduated from New York Medical College and completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Rusk Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine at New York University Medical Center. He plays harmonica, guitar, and keyboards. He has published and lectured widely in his field.
- Aetna Better Health
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Master's)
- New York University Medical Center, Rusk Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Awards and publications
- Macron D, Frieden R. Limb Orthoses. In: Spinal Cord Injury, Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference. New York, Demos Medical; 2010. pp136-137.
- Macron D, Frieden R. Spinal Orthoses. In: Spinal Cord Injury, Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference . New York, Demos Medical; pp180-181.
- Frieden R. The Geriatric Amputee. Med Rehabil Clin N Am 2005; 16: 179-195.
- Ragnarsson K, Schechtman J, Frieden R. Lower-Limb Orthoses. In: O'Young B, Young M, Stiens S, editors. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Secrets (2nd Ed.) Revised for Third Edition Puiblished 2008. Philadelphia, Hanley & Belfus, Inc.; 2002. pp572-576.
- Frieden R. Geriatrics and Rehabilitation Medicine: Common Interests, Common Goals. Mount Sinai J Med 1999; 66: 145-151.
Dr. Richard Frieden's office location
Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Medicine
Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice
5 East 98th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Amputation Prevention
- Amputation Rehabilitation
- Ankle Problems
- Arm Pain
- Back Injection
- Back Pain
- Back Problems
- Bulging / Protruding Disc
- Cerebral Palsy / Other Motor Disabilities
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Chronic Pain
- Compression Fracture
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- Cigna Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Physiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physiatrists
- More Insurances