About Dr. Shawn Roofian
Dr. Roofian has had extensive experience as a presenter, speaking at numerous anesthesia and pain conferences across the country. He has also been retained as an expert consultant in various medical-legal cases. His professional interests include utilizing advanced interventional pain treatments for chronic low back, neck pain, spinal pain, cancer pain and neuromodulation. He is currently involved in multiple research studies including cutting edge modalities for treating CRPS as well as the use of genomics in recognizing patient response to opioids and identifying patients at risk of opioid abuse. He has special Interest in Ketamine treatments and infusions. He is the Director of the Ketamine Medical Institute. He has presented at pain conferences on Ketamine, treatment protocols, and identifying appropriate candidates for ketamine. He has treated numerous patients and has developed custom treatment protocols for a countless number of patients.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Pain Management Specialist
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pain Medicine (Anesthesiology)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Southern California, Residency in Anesthesiology
- University of Southern California, Fellowship in Pain Management
Dr. Shawn Roofian's office locations
5620 Wilbur Avenue, #305
Tarzana, CA 91356
8500 Wilshire Blvd, Suite # 105
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Patient reviews for Dr. Shawn Roofian
It was a smooth visit with no wait. My pain was not questioned or made me feel like I just wanted drugs. I will visit again if needed!
I booked my appointment Sunday evening for the following day and Dr. Roofian was able to see me and help me out greatly.
The Doctor did not go over the results of my tests or answer any questions. He asked me if I had any questions, and I did, but I felt like I was inconveniencing him with my time so I asked what his suggestions were first. He offered to give me an epidural, to which I declined due to the FDA warning against using epidurals, and then he offered a supplement treatment which has not done much to relieve pressure or pain. No discussion of alternatives. My whole appointment lasted less than 10 minutes and cost a ridiculous amount of money. Doctors get paid to give epidurals.
Excellent visit with Dr Roofian. He was very empathetic and took time to discuss various options with me. I’m glad I was able to see him. Highly recommend for professional and fast service.
Don’t waste your time.! Trigger happy to give you surgery
Was extremely accommodating. I thought I had an Appointment, but they had not received my paperwork; However, Dr. Roofian was on his way out the door, and turned around. He saw me right away, and immediately got me started on my path. I feel confident in his understanding of my fears and ready to face the challenges ahead.
Guy is great and started a pain management plan quickly!
Best doctor in the world
Dr. Roofian is kind and understanding. He really works with you to formulate the best plan in order to get you healthy and feeling normal again. My back can’t thank him enough!
He's extremely professional and his knowledge about all the various treatments available is unlike anything I've experienced before. He's very kind and understanding and truly listens to your needs and works with you to find the best treatment possible.
He was thorough and efficient and addressed all my needs. We made a plan for my treatment and I feel good about it.
Fantastic visit. The office was well-organized and clean. Dr. Roofian had a great bedside manner and I never felt rushed throughout the appointment. He set up a great treatment plan for me and I'm excited to continue seeing him and making progress. I feel very blessed that I found this doctor.
- Atlanta, GA Pain Management Specialists
- Austin, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Chicago, IL Pain Management Specialists
- Dallas, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Denver, CO Pain Management Specialists
- Houston, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Pain Management Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Pain Management Specialists
- New York, NY Pain Management Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Pain Management Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Pain Management Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Pain Management Specialists
- San Diego, CA Pain Management Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Pain Management Specialists
- Washington, DC Pain Management Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Abdominal Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Anti-Pain Stimulator Implantation
- Arm Pain
- Back Injection
- Back Pain
- Back Problems
- Botox Treatment
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Chronic Post Surgical Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Ear Pain
- Electromyograph (EMG)
- Flu Shot
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pain Management Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- Cigna Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Pain Management Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pain Management Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pain Management Specialists
- More Insurances