Dr. Sindu Stephen, MD
Nominated as one of the top Gastroenterologist in the region by Washingtonian 2016. Dr. Sindu Stephen completed her undergraduate and medical training from Kasturba Medical College, India. She served her internship and residency in internal medicine at George Washington University, where she was also Chief Resident. Dr. Stephen continued her training with a three year gastroenterology fellowship at the George Washington University School of Medicine. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Stephen is a member of the American Medical Association, American Gastroenterological Association and American College of Gastroenterology.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- George Washington University, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- George Washington University, Internship in Internal Medicine
- George Washington University, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Kasturba Medical College Manipal, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- American College of Gastroenterology
Awards and publications
- Stephen S, Borum M. “T-cell Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma presenting after clearance of Hepatitis C: A Case Report and review of the literature.” Dig Dis Sci. 2008 Jun;53(6):1735-6.
- Ramsay D, Stephen S, Borum M, Voltaggio L, Doman D. “Mast Cells in Gastrointestinal Disease.” Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 December;6(12):772-7
- Stephen S, Borum M. “Antibody negative Scleroderma Presenting with Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia.” Poster Presentation, ACG meeting 2007
12012 Veirs Mill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906