Dr. Sujatha Rajan, MD, FACOG
Dr Rajan is a board certified Ob/Gyn who specializes in urogynecology. She is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and a Member of the American Urogynecological Society. She did her Ob/Gyn residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in Chicago, and completed her Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital/ Massachusetts General Hospital in 2006. She was also a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School. Dr Rajan is well known for her considerable knowledge and skill, and in staying updated with the latest technological advancements in her field. "I have the privilege of saying that my professional life is truly fulfilling. Everyday, I am amazed by the difference we can make in improving the quality of life of women. It is unfortunate that so many millions of women suffer silently with the embarrassment of urinary incontinence and prolapse. It can be crippling, and can prevent them from enjoying life and all the activities that keep them healthy and happy. I hope to offer these women a renewed enjoyment of life. I seek to educate them, alleviate their fears, and reassure them that they are not alone. We offer cutting edge treatments that are minimally invasive and proven to work. It is wonderful to hear a patient say "I have my life back and I don'have to wear a pad anymore". It is my goal to give each patient the time she deserves and to provide compassionate, and professional medical and surgical care. Counseling and education is an integral part of my practice and I individualize my recommendations to fit each patient's needs. Being a women and a mother, I am able to understand and empathize with my patients and have learned a lot about life and values from them and for this I am grateful."
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Winchester Hospital
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Fellowship in Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellowship in Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
- Medical School - Madras Medical College
- Mount Sinai Hospital, Chicago, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Urogynecologic Society
Awards and publications
- Blacklock Gold Medal for Surgery 1993
- Shah AD, Kohli N, Rajan SS, Hoyte L. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2008 Jan;19(1):89-96. Epub 2007
- The age distribution, rates, and types of surgery for stress urinary incontinence in the USA.
New England Urogynecology
800 West Cummings Park, 2550
Woburn, MA 01801