Dr. Sydney Mehl, MD
Cardiologist, Internist, Primary Care Doctor
New York, NY
Dr. Sydney Mehl is a cardiologist treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. His primary goal as a practitioner is to ensure that each of his patients receives the highest available standard of medical care. Dr. Mehl holds certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine and in cardiovascular disease. In order to pursue his medical degree, Dr. Mehl attended New York University. He continued his medical education at the New York University Medical Center. Here, he received his residency training in internal medicine and completed a fellowship program in cardiology. Patients visiting Dr. Mehl can receive a full range of medical services. His areas of expertise include valvular disease, cholesterol and lipids, general internal medicine, and general cardiology. In addition to his practice, Dr. Mehl has prepared publications on subjects including the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Marfan’s syndrome.
- Primary Care Doctor
- NYU Langone Health
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- New York University Langone Medical Center (Internship)
- New York University Langone Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- New York University Langone Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
Awards and publications
- Mitral valve libman-sacks endocarditis visualized by real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography: Shroff, Hersh; Benenstein, Ricardo; Freedberg, Robin; Mehl, Sydney; Saric, Muhamed 2012 Apr;29(4):E100-E101, Echocardiography — id: 164334, year: 2012, vol: 29, page: E100, stat: Journal Article
- Medical: the patient with cardiovascular disease Mehl SJ: Family partnership in hospital care: the cooperative care concept New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co., 1994, — id: 4203, year: 1994, vol: , page: 75, stat: Chapter
- Myopotential inhibition of a ventricular demand pacemaker in a patient with Parkinson's disease Mehl SJ; Moses D; Grady R. 1983 May;143(5):1026-1027, Archives of internal medicine — id: 23232, year: 1983, vol: 143, page: 1026, stat: Journal Article
- Cardiac effects of pergolide Leibowitz, M; Lieberman, A; Goldstein, M; Neophytides, A; Kupersmith, M; Gopinathan, G; Mehl, S 1981 Dec;30(6):718-723, Clinical pharmacology & therapeutics — id: 122218, year: 1981, vol: 30, page: 718, stat: Journal Article
- Pergolide and lisuride for Parkinson's disease Lieberman, A N; Leibowitz, M; Neophytides, A; Kupersmith, M; Mehl, S; Kleinberg, D; Serby, M; Goldstein, M 1979 Nov 24;2(8152):1129-1130, Lancet — id: 122227, year: 1979, vol: 2, page: 1129, stat: Journal ArticlePergolide and lisuride for Parkinson's disease Lieberman, A N; Leibowitz, M; Neophytides, A; Kupersmith, M; Mehl, S; Kleinberg, D; Serby, M; Goldstein, M 1979 Nov 24;2(8152):1129-1130, Lancet — id: 122227, year: 1979, vol: 2, page: 1129, stat: Journal Article
Dr. Sydney Mehl's office location
NYU Langone Health
530 1st Avenue, Suite 4H
New York, NY 10016
Patient reviews for Dr. Sydney Mehl
The staff is very caring, and my appointment with the dr. was easy, since he is kind and a great professional.
Professional, polite from all staff members. Doctor Mehl was pleasant to deal with. My new doctor from now on.
Dr. Mehl was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone as a PCP, and will be coming back in the future. Thank you!
Dr. Mehl was extremely professional, he took notes after the examination. He has asked a lot of questions. Great doctor!
Very good doctor. Extremely thorough, knowledgeable, friendly. Appointments at NYU are great too, because it's a one-stop shop if you need any follow-ups.
Very thorough checkup. This was my first visit to Dr. Mehl, and he was professional, knowledgable and friendly. My only complaint was a long wait, but they may have mostly been because I recently switched health insurance plans and it was not easy to verify coverage.
great doctor visit. he is very comfortable and kind.
Doctors seems nice but not good st responding to his patients once they step out of that door.
Helpful staff, caring doctor.
He was a very kind doctor who really took the time to understand your issues. I highly recommend Dr. Sydney Mehl!!!
Both Dr. Mehl and his staff were wonderful, especially for me, a new patient.
Very helpful office staff. Made me feel welcome and comfortable. Dr. Mehl was patient and understanding. I really appreciated his manner.
Dr. Mehl was incredibly personable and polite. He was eager to answer any questions I had.
Dr. Mehl, is a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. He really made me feel at ease and took his time with the evaluation. His staff are helpful and very friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Mehl.
Doctor Mehl is great. He was very nice and made me feel comfortable
The doctor is a decent and friendly man. He took time to answer my questions, which is important to me, since I'm young and several doctors can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my heart. I did not like his medical assistant. She was rude when going through my medical history and taking my vitals. I personally don't care that much, but can imagine that other people would feel quite anxious in that type of situation. The other staff, like the receptionist, was very friendly and open. Generally I do have a good feeling about this doctor and I would go back if my heart acts like a baby again.
Very friendly and helpful team. Good experience throughout.
DOES NOT TAKE AFFINITY INSURANCE AS A PCP. UPDATE YOUR LISTING!
Went in for an annual physical with Dr. Mehl. As for the physical, it was standard and fine. I would NOT recommend Dr. Sydney Mehl for LGBT patients. He is not well read on medical issues that face the LGBT community or FDA approved PrEP drugs.
This guy is the man!
Finally found my primary Doctor! Everyone including his front staff was nice and friendly. I didn't feel rushed and got to see him right away.
He is amazing. He did an exam when I was not feeling well and then spoke to me in his office for 15 minutes. He did a bit of research and really thought about a thoughtful solution.
Friendly staff, long wait time, but friendly.
Everyone in the office were friendly and answered all my questions with professionalism. Even though I wasn't feeling well, I had a nice experience for my first visit.
It was quick and painless. His bedside manner was excellent, i felt very comfortable during my visit.
Pleasant and efficient.
Friendly and personable, I did not feel rushed and Dr. Mehl took the time to answer all my questions and thoroughly explain everything. Definitely my new primary MD. The staff here is great too, worked hard and fast in getting all my insurance authorizations.
Sydney Mehl and staff were very professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Very nice and professional. I really like Dr. Mehl and his staff, quick waiting time. Highly recommended. Thank you
thanks a lot Dr. very nice and patient Dr. high recommend
Really good doctor. Very informed. Wanted to listen to what I had to say. Answered all of my questions. Treated me like a well informed person with a great deal of respect. Would definitely recommend him to others.
Dr. Mehl was very nice and had a great bedside manner.
Just found my primary care doctor in NYC! Would definitely recommend!
Very professional and wonderful bedside manner. Very nice and accommodating receptionists. Would highly recommend.
Dr. Sydney Mehl was wonderful, very caring as a doctor and staff. Highly recommended. Thank you
I liked him.
Took time to listen, was patient and organized, and quite thorough. Dr. Mehl also clearly explained treatment and prognosis.
The doctor was very thorough and nice. Asked a lot of detailed questions and made me feel comfortable right from the beginning. The staff is also really warm and friendly too. Will definetly go back and refer all my friends over.
Dr. Mehl seems like a very kind and caring physician, and I'm confident he is well qualified, but unfortunately he spent 90% of the visit at his computer terminal, reading and typing notes with his back to me. I would have preferred he speak and interact with me and to better explain his diagnosis.
Great doctor, long wait time...
Really awesome bedside manner. Very nice and funny doctor. The office was extremely well run and they nicely got me in earlier than my appointment as I had to catch a train. I've now made Dr. Mehl my PCP.
I was very pleased with him and his staff
Was underwhelmed. Felt like the doctor didn't listen to my concerns, and kept cutting me off. After the exam, in our wrap up he remembered that he forgot to look at my throat. After writing a prescription he was saying goodbye when I had to remind him to examine my throat. I went in for respiratory issues so I thought this was important. In his diagnosis he contradicted himself a couple a times forgetting that I had a few symptoms that needed to be addressed. When he did look at my throat finally he declared it "not too streppy" and told me I'd be fine. I've never written a bad review before but I felt very dismissed upon leaving and that he really didn't engage or listen.
Excellent Dr. The only reason for the delay was due to the weather. Otherwise, it was very comfortable.
Doc was great, but waited for 1hr 45 mins.
The receptionists, nurses, and doctor were all well organized and made a great a first impression on my first appointment there. Dr. Mehl was has excellent bedside manner and is great at answering any questions you may have. Happy I chose him!
I have to say, the staff were friendly. and Dr. Mehl was absolutely great, he was super thorough. I went to him for cardiologist purposes, he is very welcoming, which is something I had not found in a doctor for a long time. BTW, he is also a PCP, I then left there really considering switching over to him as my PCP as well.
Very professional and easy to talk too. Fairly thorough as well.
Dr Mehl is the nicest and most competent doctor I've ever met. I had a complete physical with some concerns. He answered my questions and was very calm with his responses. I highly recommend Dr Mehl.
Dr Mehl was fantastic - friendly with great bedside manner, remembered me despite several months between visits.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Abnormal ECG / EKG
- Atrial Flutter
- Bypass Surgery Consultation - CABG
- Bypass Surgery Follow Up - CABG
- Calcium CT Scan
- Cardiology Second Opinion
- Cardiovascular Screening Visit
- Carotid Doppler
- Catheter Ablation
- Cholesterol / Lipids Checkup
- Coronary Angiography
- Defibrillator Checkup
- More Procedures
- Aetna Cardiologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- Cigna Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Cardiologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Cardiologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Cardiologists
- More Insurances