Dr. Vitaly Fishbein, MD, FACP
*Patients booking colonoscopies or endoscopies with Dr. Fishbein should expect a call from the practice to verify information.* Dr. Vitaly Fishbein, MD, FACG is board certified in gastroenterology. He completed his fellowship at Georgetown University and National Institute of Health, where he authored and co-authored research on management of patients with Zollinger Ellison syndrome and idiopathic hypersecretory state. He has staff and admitting privileges at Saint Barnabas Medical Center. Dr. Fishbein performs comprehensive cancer screenings for colon cancer and Barrett's esophagus. He performs quality colonoscopy using high definition optical colonoscopy, narrow band imaging to identify early flat lesions in the right colon which could be missed during routine colonoscopy. In difficult cases we use a Water Immersion Colonoscopy technique to complete procedures which decrease pain and sedation amount for patients. We have more then 95% success in reaching the cecum, and most of our patient are clean and fully satisfied with this procedure. Dr. Fishbein has a special interest in pelvic floor dysfunction including intractable constipation and rectal incontinence, using rectal manometry, biofeedback, rectal ultrasound, Sitzmark study and behavior modification. His office has unique, for New Jersey, esophageal and rectal motility lab with full range of sophisticated equipment including 48 hr PH Bravo, high resolution manometry. Dr. Fishbein collaborates with top-rated laparoscopic surgeons in the tri-state metropolitan area who perform Nissen fundoplication for management of the Gastroesophageal reflux with full range of preoperative work up required for successful outcome of surgery.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Education and training
- Georgetown University, National Institute of Health, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Medical School - Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- Mount Vernon Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Saint Vincent Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
Awards and publications
- Orbuch M., Doppman Jl, Strader DB, Fishbein VA, Benya RV, Metz DC, Jensen RT.: Imaging for paancreatic endocrine Tumor Localization: Recent advances in Endocrine Tumors of the Pancreatis. Ed. Mignon M, Jensen RT. Front Gastrointstinal Res. Basel, Karger, 1995, vol 23, p268-281.
- Knihgt M, Takahashi K, Burke TR, Pineda JD, Fishbein VA, Jensen RT and Moody TW. : Synthesis and biological activity of cholecystokinin antagonists. in Growth Factors, Peptides and Receptors. Editted by Terry W. Moody. Plenum Publishing Co., New York. N.Y. 1994
- Metz DC, Pisegna JR, Fishbein VA, Benya RV, Jensen RT. The control of gastric acid hypersecretion in the management of patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. World J Surg 1993;17:468-80
401 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052