About Mary (Faith) Tanney
Dr. Faith Tanney provides evaluations and treatment for adults who are dissatisfied with the quality of their relationships, their personal behaviors and/or their emotional responses to their lives. She believes that psychotherapy is a collaborative process whereby clients gain more awareness of their individual history and of the (positive and negative) impact of that history on their present lives. Using a variety of techniques developed over 20+ years of practice, Dr. Tanney is an interactive therapist who, in an atmosphere of compassion, empathy and respect, facilitates real life changes. Dr. Tanney also has significant expertise in the assessment and treatment of adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. She provides AD/HD evaluations, and assistance in the management of the disorder.
Education and training
- Ohio State University, PhD in Psychology
- Ohio State University, Master’s in Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- DC Psychological Association
Awards and publications
- Distinguished Practicioner, National Academy of Practice in Psychology
- Karl Heiser Award for Advocacy on Behalf of Professional Psychology
- American Psychological Associatin John D. Black Practitioner Award
- American Psychoological Association Centennial Award
Mary (Faith) Tanney's office location
Faith Tanney, Ph.D, ABPP
4545 42nd Street NW, Suite 304
Washington, DC 20016
Patient reviews for Mary (Faith) Tanney, PhD
Dr Tanney really cares about her patients’ best interests and gives pragmatic advice. I would recommend her to anyone, especially adults struggling with ADHD.
She don’t take insurance and that was problem for me because I will have pay out of pocket.
Dr. Tanney is an excellent fit for my needs. Like many/most DC area therapists, she doesn't take insurance, but she's been helpful in getting claims submitted. She has two pricing schemes to allow for slightly longer sessions, if needed, which has been amazingly helpful for me.
Dr. Tanney is a great listener, provided helpful advice and knew just what to say to help me with my issue.
Dr. Tanney was great. I told her the reasons for my appointment and she motivated me by asking me direct questions and providing me with some very helpful reading material. Since booking with her I have a new outlook on my relationship. She was very helpful and I would definitely recommend her.
She is very nice and understanding - easy to talk to. Highly recommend!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances