Dr. Adebayo Akinsola, MD
Dr. Akinsola has been practicing medicine since he graduated from the University of Ilorin Medical School in Nigeria over 20 years ago. He had his training in Pediatrics at the University College Hospital (UCH) in Nigeria and the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital in New York, USA. His training in pediatrics in both Nigeria and the United States has resulted in the combination of excellent clinical acumen and the use of technologically advanced investigational support in the care of his patients. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Akinsola has a Master’s degree in Epidemiology and did research work at the Medical Research Council Laboratories (UK) in The Gambia where he was involved in vaccine development. One of the studies he was involved in has led to the development of a new meningitis vaccine that is now being used in Africa and Asia and has resulted in the drastic reduction in the incidence of meningitis in these continents. He has been published in the world’s best medical journals. His vast experience in research has also resulted in his thoroughness and being detailed and precise in all he does. He has worked in multicultural environments and is therefore able to relate well with people of various cultures. Since moving to Atlanta, Georgia in 2012, Dr. Akinsola has worked as a pediatrician for both private and corporate institutions. He is currently on staff at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. He’s active in his church community and has been involved in various missionary activities. His hobbies include reading, playing tennis and travelling. Dr. Akinsola speaks fluent English, French, Yoruba and can communicate in medical Spanish. He is married to Bolanle Akinsola, a pediatric emergency medicine physician and they are blessed with two children.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Hughes Spalding
- Northside Hospital - Forsyth
- Northside Hospital - Cherokee
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
- Northside Hospital
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and training
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center (Pediatrics)
- Medical School - University of Ilorin College of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Awards and publications
- Ayoola OO, Orimadegun AE, Akinsola AK, Osinusi K. 2005. A five-year review of childhood mortality at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. West African Journal Medicine, 24: 175-179.
- 2008 International Symposium on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases (ISPPD) travel award, Iceland.
- Orimadegun AE, Akinbami FO, Akinsola AK, Okereke JO. (March, 2008) Contents of Referral Letters to the Children Emergency Unit of a Teaching Hospital, Southwest of Nigeria. Pediatric Emergency Care. 24 (3): 153-156.
5 Dunwoody Park South, #113
Dunwoody, GA 30338