About Dr. Amy Lewis
Amy B. Lewis, M.D. graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania. She then received her Medical Degree, with highest honors, from the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Lewis moved to the New York area for a medical internship at Cornell/New York Hospital, and completed her Dermatology residency at the State University of New York Health and Science Center in Brooklyn where she acted as Chief Resident. She returned to Yale for a fellowship in Dermatological Laser and Reconstructive Surgery. In the summer of 2005, Dr. Lewis founded a Yale Cosmetic Dermatology Division within the Dermatologic Surgery Department. She is now a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Lewis is often quoted or featured in the media, both on television and in popular magazines. She lectures frequently at academic meetings and has numerous publications in her specialty. Rachel Garber, MMS, PA-C is a licensed and board certified Physician Assistant who specializes in both Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology. She graduated from Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Studies with a Master’s in Medical Science and a focus in dermatology. She completed her dermatological training through clinical rotations at Lenox Hill Hospital and an extensive number of private practices throughout Manhattan. Rachel graduated Wake Forest University with Academic Honors.Prior to this, she obtained her B.S. in Behavioral Neuroscience with a pre-med background from Connecticut College in New London, CT. PA Garber is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and National Board of Medical Examiners. She is licensed in New York & an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology
- Yale University, Fellowship in Dermatological Laser and Reconstructive Surgery
Awards and publications
- Serving as one of four physicians chosen by Allergan for the Botox NEF Advisory Board, which evaluates applications for membership in the NEF teaching faculty in the U.S. (2005-present).
- Author of chapter “Laser Resurfacing in the Periocular Region” in the textbook Atlas of Aesthetic Eyelid and Periocular Surgery. (Philadelphia: Saunders; November 21, 2003).
- Author of chapter “Alpha Hydroxy Acids” in the new edition of Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy. (Philadelphia: Saunders; March 8, 2007).
Dr. Amy Lewis's office locations
Amy B Lewis MD PC
120 East 75th Street
New York, NY 10021
Amy B Lewis MD PC
172 E 75th St, 1
New York, NY 10021
Patient reviews for Dr. Amy Lewis
I was seen by Dr. Lewis physician assistant who was lovely quick and helpful.
It’s good. Doctor is nice,.
Always a pleasure even when I’m having something unpleasant done relative to derm issues
Beautiful office and quick and thorough appointment
I worked with a PA and she was wonderful. She listened to my concerns and was very responsive when I needed to follow up a week later. Front staff was wonderful, too.
They were great! PA was very knowledgeable and attentive. Definitely recommend!
I was in an out very quick, which was nice.
Very good professional
Staff was great
Great place that got me in and out with out dismissing anything I said.
I was seen quickly by a friendly staff. The doctor gave me great advice which did not require me to buy anything. She was happy to send me off on my way without forcing another visit or purchase my way.
Very professional and was seen right away! She listened to me and recommended a few suggestions, will definitely see her again.
The assistant who helped was great the doctor was not so. She was helpful but not as attentive and caring. Thought that she just want to get done with the appointment. Could be wrong but that’s how I felt
Dr. Amy Lewis is very professional, fast, and reliable. I was very comfortable in my visit. She removed my mole on the same day. I am very happy!
Very professional very courteous. If necessary I WILL go back and certainly recommend Them
Excellent staff! Friendly, warm, welcoming.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Dermatology Consultation
- Dermatology Follow Up
- Age Spots
- Annual Skin Screening
- Anti-Aging Treatment
- Body Sculpting Consultation
- Botox Treatment
- Brown / Dark Spots
- Dermaplanning / Dermaplane Treatment
- Dermatology Surgery
- Discoid Lupus
- More Procedures
- Aetna Dermatologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- Cigna Dermatologists
- UnitedHealthcare Dermatologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Dermatologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Dermatologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Dermatologists
- More Insurances