Dr. Bruce Heller, MD
Bruce Heller, M.D. is a practicing dermatologist in New York City with over 30 years of experience. Dr. Heller received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia and completed his internship at North Shore Hospital-Cornell University Medical College. He completed his residency in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and Dr. Heller later became Chief Resident of Mount Sinai Dermatology Department. Dr. Heller has contributed to many leading journals throughout his career and has shared his expertise on various dermatologic subjects on numerous talk radio segments .He is a Fellow of The American Academy of Dermatology. He is a contributing author in the New England Journal of Medicine and authored the chapter on Dermatology in the medical textbook titled Ambulatory Medicine (Raven Press, 1984). Dr. Heller opened his private practice on West 57th Street in Manhattan in 1985 and continues to practice at the same location, and has since created a following of loyal dermatology patients. In addition to seeing patients at his practice, Dr. Heller is an assistant clinical professor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Heller has received many accolades and awards over the years and has been a member of numerous dermatologic societies, including The American Academy of Dermatology, Society of Investigative Dermatology, Skin Cancer Foundation, and New York State Society of Dermatology. He is a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners. Dr. Heller is excited to join the team at Schweiger Dermatology Group where he will continue to provide his patients with the same level of personalized care he has given them over the past 30 years.
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Thomas Jefferson University, Doctor of Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- New York State Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
Awards and publications
- Top Doctor Award 2014.
- Teacher of the Year Award - Mount Sinai, Dermatology Department.
- Patient Choice Award 2014.
- Patient Choice Award 2012.
- Patient Choice Award 2013.
Schweiger Dermatology Group
1727 Broadway, Floor 2
New York, NY 10019