Dr. Daniel Cuttica, DO
Foot & Ankle Specialist, Orthopedic Surgeon
Our practice uses the latest Electronic Health Record technology. In order to serve you better, please provide your INSURANCE NAME, ID #, and Group # when sending your appointment request. After we confirm your appointment- you will receive an ID/Password to our patient web portal to complete your intake forms prior to your arrival. Dr. Daniel J. Cuttica is a board eligible orthopaedic surgeon, with fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery. He has pending medical staff privileges at Inova Fairfax and Fair Oaks Hospitals, Virginia Hospital Center, as well as Woodburn and Fairfax Surgery Centers. Dr. Cuttica was the recipient of the Robert L. Green award, which is awarded annually to the member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics who achieved the highest combined score in the written and oral orthopedic surgery board certification exams. He has also been awarded for his groundbreaking research on MRI evaluation following surgical treatment of cartilage injuries in the ankle. His clinical interests include all aspects of foot and ankle reconstruction, including sports-related foot and ankle disorders, arthroscopy, cartilage disorders and restoration, total ankle replacement, forefoot reconstruction, and diabetic limbs. Dr. Cuttica received his medical degree at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he learned a “whole person” approach to patient care. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Doctors Hospital and Grant Medical Center in Columbus, OH. This was followed by completion of the prestigious foot and ankle fellowship at the Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Center in Columbus, OH, where he had extensive training in all aspects of foot and ankle reconstruction, including total ankle replacement.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Foot & Ankle Specialist
- Virginia Hospital Center
Education and training
- Medical School - Ohio University
- Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center, Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgery
- Midwestern University (Internship)
- Grant Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Doctors Hospital, Columbus, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Osteopathic Association
Awards and publications
- Cuttica DJ, Smith WB, Hyer CF, Philbin TM, Berlet GC. Treatment Outcomes in Osteochondral Lesions of the Tibial Plafond. – Accepted for publication in Foot Ankle Int, date TBD
- Cuttica DJ, Shockley DJ, Hyer CF, Berlet GC. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evaluation of Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus Following Arthroscopic Drilling. Foot Ankle Spec. 2011; 4(5):274-279
- Cuttica DJ, Philbin TM. Surgery for Diabetic Foot Infections. Foot and Ankle Clinics. 2010; 15(3):465-476
The Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Center DC
2922 Telestar Ct.
Falls Church, VA 22042