Dr. Efosa Airuehia, MD
PLEASE NOTE: Our practice will be calling you to confirm your appointment. ***Your appointment is NOT confirmed until our office has spoken with you on the phone.*** I am a British and American-trained triple Board Certified psychiatrist. My Board Certifications are in Adult Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. I obtained the qualification of Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, England (MRCPsych) prior to relocating to the US. I am also a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association (FAPA).These qualifications place me in a good stead to render individualized professional expertise in the management of children, adolescents and adults with various mental health disorders and addictions, using evidence based practices. I regularly update my knowledge base in keeping with being a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and American Board of Addiction Medicine. This infers that I am constantly up to date in terms of clinical updates and scientific studies which ensure patients get the best treatment approved by the scientific community. I accept various insurance panels and self-pay patients and look forward to providing you with the best individualized treatment. I am currently accepting new patients.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Port Harcourt College of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Residency in Psychiatry
Awards and publications
- The First Confirmed Case of Down Syndrome with Dementia with Lewy Bodies – Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 2009
- Laundry Detergent Pod Abuse: A New Adolescent Trend? – Newsletter of the Missouri Psychiatric Association 2013
- A review of ‘Bath Salts’: Evolving Designer Drugs of Abuse –Journal of Child and Adolescent Substance Abuse. Published in March, 2015
8380 Warren Pkwy, Suite 602
Frisco, TX 75034