Dr. Gabriel J. Martinez-Diaz, MD FAAD, MD
*Please note we have a 48-hr cancellation policy with a $150 fee. Kindly notify us by calling and speaking with a staff 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment* *We only confirm appointments once insurance verification is obtained in our office. For this, we need your insurance information uploaded onto Zocdoc, or emailed to us* *For self pay patients, please call the office for rate* Gabriel J. Martinez-Diaz, M.D., FAAD is a Stanford University trained and board-certified dermatologist practicing aesthetic, medical, and surgical dermatology since 2014. Initially practice in Atlanta, GA for one short year before realizing that he missed the midwest charm. He relocated to Chicago in 2015, and has been associated with Northwestern Medicine, as an independent physician since then. In 2017, he founded M D Aesthetics and Dermatology to provide comprehensive and cutting edge aesthetics and dermatology care for the city of Chicago and its residents. He is ecstatic to have found a new home for his practice in his favorite and one of Chicago’s most thriving neighborhood – the West Loop. Dr. Martinez-Diaz is originally from Mayaguez, Puerto Rico and is fluent in Spanish. He moved to Madison, Wisconsin to obtain his degree with honors in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Martinez-Diaz attended Stanford University where he received his medical degree and gained distinction as a Doris Duke Research Fellow. He completed his Research Fellowship at the University of California-San Francisco. Upon graduation from medical school, he completed his medical internship at Hennepin County Medical Center, in Minneapolis, MN. He completed his dermatology residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Advocate Health Care
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Lake Forest Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Stanford University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Skin of Color Society
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
- Chicago Dermatological Society
Awards and publications
- Solitary, enlarging painful violaceous tumor on the cheek of a 9-year old (Skin involvement of Pre-B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia/Lymphoma), JAMA Dermatol. 2013; 149(5):609-614. doi: 10.1001/jamadermatol.2013.3053a.
- Durkin J, Martinez-Diaz GJ, Gehris RP. A 7-week old Nepali Girl with a Perianal ulcer: brief report. Pediatr Dermatol. 2014 Jan 3. doi: 10.1111/pde.12277.
- Martinez-Diaz, G.J.; Berk, D.; Brucknner, A.; and Kim, J. Annular and keratotic papules and plaques in a teenager Arch Dermatol. 2009;145(8):931-936.
M D Aesthetics and Dermatology
1021 W Adams St, LL #1
Chicago, IL 60607