Dr. Howard Fein, MD
Dr. Fein was born in Los Angeles and grew up in the San Fernando Valley. His interest in medicine began while attending the University of California at Berkeley where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa, with Honors and High Distinction with a degree in Molecular and Cell Biology. At Berkeley, he received numerous awards and citations including the I.L. Chaikoff Award and President’s Undergraduate Fellowship. After college, Dr. Fein spent a year conducting research at the J. David Gladstone Institutes of Cardiovascular Disease at the University of California at San Francisco. He next attended medical school at the University of Southern California where he was named a Dean’s Scholar. Dr. Fein completed his Internship in Internal Medicine and Residency in Dermatology at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. During his final year of dermatology residency, Dr. Fein was ranked in the top 3 percent of all dermatology residents nationally on the annual In-Service Training Exam. In order to provide his patients with the highest possible care, Dr. Fein completed a 2-year fellowship in Dermatologic and Mohs Micrographic Surgery at the renowned Cleveland Clinic Foundation. In addition to Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Dr. Fein has extensive training in the fields of cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. Dr. Fein is the author of several journal articles and textbook chapters dealing with both general and surgical dermatology. He has given several public presentations at national meetings including the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. In addition to his Palos Verdes office, Dr. Fein maintains an active academic practice as the Director of Dermatologic Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center where he is responsible for tea
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Southern California, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Berkeley (Bachelor’s)
- University of Cincinnati, Residency in Dermatology
- Cleveland Clinic, Fellowship in Dermatologic and Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Awards and publications
- Dr. Fein has received multiple awards since opening his Palos Verdes medical practice in 2004, including the Vitals.com Patient’s Choice Award 2008 and 2009 and the Compassionate Doctor Recognition from 2008 to 2012.
Palos Verdes Dermatology Associates, Inc.
550 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 283
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274