Dr. Jelil Omotayo Onanuga, MD
Dr. Onanuga is the Medical Director of Amicable Psychiatry MD, PA. After graduating with MD degree at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria, he practiced General Medicine in Nigeria before moving to New York for his Psychiatric Residency Program at the Columbia University, New York at Harlem Hospital Center. He also did a fellowship program in Geriatric Psychiatry at the State University of New York at Downstate Medical Center, New York. Dr. Onanuga is board certified in Adult Psychiatry & Geriatric Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a member of American Psychiatric Association. After his residency program, dedicated his time to the field of Psychiatry and had since been working in many sectors, including but not limited to Columbia University at Harlem Hospital Center, New York, where, as an attending and Assistant Clinical Professor of a Psychiatry (2007 to 2014), he engaged in the teaching of Psychiatry and evidence-based management of individuals with Mental illnesses. With subsequent relocation to State of Texas, Dr. Onanuga continues to care for mentally ill patients. Though he specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of anxiety and mood disorders, he is also involve in the management of other mental illnesses including but not limited to childhood & adolescent disorders like ADHD & ADD; substance abuse disorders and dual diagnosis disorders. Dr. Onanuga is happily married and is blessed with children."
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Geriatric Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Columbia University, Harlem Hospital Center, Residency in Psychiatry
- Medical School - Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
Jelil omotayo Onanuga
1643 Lancaster Dr, Suite 305
Grapevine, TX 76051