Dr. Jonathan Macy, MD
Dr. Macy was born in New York City and earned his BA and MD degrees at Boston University in 1976 (Magna Cum Laude). After graduation, Dr. Macy married his wife, Jeannette (a native of Uruguay), and moved to Los Angeles to do a medicine internship at the Los Angeles/USC Medical Center. A subsequent research fellowship at the Doheny Eye Institute led to an Ophthalmology residency at USC, which was completed in 1981. His daughter, Alexandra (Mt. Sinai School of Medicine -2010), was born during his rotation through Los Angeles Children’s Hospital in 1980. She has just begun a Psychiatry residency at the Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. His son, Adam (Zicklin School of Business), was born in 1983. Since completing his Ophthalmology training, he has been in private practice adjacent to Cedars Sinai Medical Center for over 25 years.
- Accountable Health Plan of Ohio
- Advantage Health
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Medical School - Boston University, Doctor of Medicine
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of Southern California, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Boston University (Bachelor's)
- California Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology
Awards and publications
- Smith, RE, Macy, JI, Parrett, C, Irvine, J: Variations in Acute Multifocal Histoplasmic Choroiditis in the Primate. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 17:1005-1018, 1978.
- Macy, JI: Elucidating Exudates. Resident and Staff Physician, 26:32, 1980.
- Macy, JI, Minckler, DS, Smith, RE: Experimental Inflammatory Serous Detachment of the Retina. Archives of Ophthalmology, 98:2217-2219, 1980.
Macy Eye Center
8635 W 3rd Street, Suite 360W
Los Angeles, CA 90048