Dr. Fouad Melamed, OD
Dr. Fouad Melamed, is a native of Beverly Hills for over 20 years. He completed his undergraduate studies in Psychobiology at UCLA and earned his Doctorate of Optometry (California Board Certified) from the Southern California College of Optometry. Dr. Melamed completed his clinical externships at various Veterans Administration Medical Centers with his primary training being in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease with a focus on glaucoma, diabetes, and vascular disease. He is Board Certified in the treatment of Glaucoma (currently only a few Optometrists in California have this certification). He is an active member of the California Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association. Dr. Melamed resides in West Los Angeles with his wife and daughter.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- Marshall B. Ketchum University, Doctor of Optometry
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor's)
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association
Awards and publications
- Dr. Herbert McCracken Dixon Scholarship
- GP Lens Institute Clinical Excellence Award
- Jewish Vocational Service Scholarship
Melamed Eye Care Optometry
8213 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048