Dr. Julie Foont, MD
Dr. Julie A. Foont is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. She received her undergraduate degree from Columbia University. Prior to entering medical school, Dr. Foont worked as a professional medical illustrator producing drawings for textbooks, journal articles and lectures both nationally and internationally. She earned her medical degree from New York University. Dr. Foont completed internship and residency training in Internal Medicine at New York University / Bellevue Medical Center. She then pursued additional training in Hepatology at Jackson Memorial Hospital at the University of Miami. After the completion of this program, she went on to complete her fellowship in gastroenterology at Brown University. Her clinical interests span the entire breadth of gastroenterology and endoscopy, with a particular emphasis on Women’s GI health issues, hepatitis and other disorders of the liver. She has published numerous original research articles and has presented at national meetings. Dr. Foont is an attending physician with privileges at NYU Langone Medical Center and Lenox Hill Hospital. She is involved in teaching students, medicine residents and gastroenterology fellows. Dr. Foont is a member of the American Gastroenterology Association, the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- University of Miami, Fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation
- Brown University, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- New York University Medical Center, Residency in Gastroenterology
- New York University, Bellevue Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
535 Fifth Avenue, Suite 611
New York, NY 10017