Dr. Leor Matalon, MD
Leor Matalon is a compassionate, warm, and attentive psychiatrist assisting patients in Vista and Encinitas, CA. Dr. Matalon is a member of the Physician’s Advisory Council and the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Matalon, originally from Chicago, attended the University of Illinois at Chicago to receive his medical education. He then completed his Master’s degree in pharmacology and nutrition from the University of Southern California. Dr. Matalon participated in two residency programs, psychiatry at the University of California’s San Diego Medical Center and child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of Southern California. Dr. Matalon specializes in child psychiatry to focus on patients with ADD and ADHD, aggression, autism spectrum disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and abuse victims. With his adult patients, Dr. Matalon treats all of the above, and he takes a particular interest in treatment-resistant depression and bipolar spectrum disorders. His goal as a mental healthcare provider is to provide a thoughtful, caring, and collaborative atmosphere that allows his patient to be at his or her best.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- University of Southern California, Master's in Pharmacology and Nutrition
- University of Southern California, Residency in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- University of California San Diego Medical Center, Residency in Psychiatry
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (Bachelor's)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Phi Rho Sigma Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Davis, J.M., Matalon, L., Watanabe, M.D., Blake L. "Depot Antipsychotic Drugs: Place in Therapy.” Drugs. 47(4):741- 776, 1994
Dr. Leor Matalon, M.D.
440 S. Melrose Dr, Ste 201
Vista, CA 92081