American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Chest Diseases
Fellow American College of Chest Physicians
• Dr. Sami graduated with honors from Cairo University Medical School, Cairo, Egypt.
• Dr. Sami received post graduate diploma in internal medicine, chest diseases and in occupational medicine from Cairo university medical school in three consecutive years.
• Dr. Sami worked in several hospitals in London as a senior registrar in pulmonary diseases before coming to the United States (grove park hospital, west Middlesex hospital and Barnet general hospital).
• In the United States dr. Sami did his residency at New York University Medical center in internal medicine and pulmonary disease.
• For many years Dr. Sami had admitting and consultative privileges in internal medicine and pulmonary diseases in many hospitals:
? Astoria General Hospital, Astoria, Queens (at present named Mount Sinai Medical Center of Queens) in which he was the Chairman of the pulmonary department for many years –
?Physician’s Hospital, Jackson Heights, Queens, which is no longer present where he was the Chairman of the department of medicine and pulmonary diseases fir many years –
? St. Johns hospital, Rego Park, Queens.
? Winthrop University Hospital, Long Island, New York.
? Syosset Hospital, Syosset Long Island, New York.
? Flushing Hospital, Flushing, New York.
? New York Hospital of Queens, Flushing, Queens, New York.
• Dr. Sami is affiliated with several societies, American thoracic society, Egyptian American medical society.
• Dr. Sami is very active and well known in the medical community in Queens.
• Dr. Sami was elected to the medical board of New York hospital of Queens 3/96 to 3/97.