Dr. Nancy Vilar, MD
Nancy F. Vilar, MD, PhD is a Neuro-ophthalmologist and an assistant professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences. Her neuro-ophthalmology specialty focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of visual symptoms resulting from headaches, migraines, blurred vision, eyelids, pupils, optic nerve and cerebrovascular abnormalities. Dr. Vilar completed her medical school training at the Complutense University of Madrid, Spain, where she also completed her Ophthalmology residency training and her fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology. She obtained her Ph.D. there, graduating Summa Cum Laude, and published her doctoral thesis in Ophthalmology on “Visual Function in Central Minimal Diabetic Retinopathy”. She completed her U.S. internship in Internal Medicine at Louisiana State University and went on to attend an Ophthalmology residency at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. Dr. Vilar completed afellowship training in Neuro-Ophthalmology at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine. She also served as a retinal clinical research assistant at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute for two years. She has presented her work at the American Academy of Ophthalmology, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, and has published numerous articles in peer review journals.
- Adventist Health
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Complutense de Madrid Facultad de Medicina
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid Facultad de Medicina, Residency in Ophthalmology
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, Residency in Ophthalmology
- University of Miami, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Fellowship in Neuro-Opthalmology
Awards and publications
- Dr. Vilar has presented her work at the American Academy of Ophthalmology, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, and has published numerous articles in peer review journals.
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Fl 2A
Washington, DC 20037