Dr. Ngozi Ruth Agwuna, MD, FAAP
Dr. Ngozi Ruth Agwuna is a caring and reliable pediatrician based in Ellicott City, MD. Dr. Agwuna earned her degree in medicine from the Medical University 'Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov' Varna Faculty of Medicine. She then moved to the United States to complete her internship and also residency in pediatrics at Howard University Hospital. She also completed her internship at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital. Dr. Agwuna runs her own practice. She is affiliated with MedStar Harbor Hospital. She is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society, and the Maryland Association of Nigerian Physicians. Because Dr. Agwuna is bilingual in English and Bulgarian, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having her as their physician. Dr. Agwuna is devoted to ensuring the longevity of her patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. She takes her time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all her patients.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and training
- Howard University Hospital (Internship)
- Howard University Hospital, Residency in Pediatrics
- Medical School - Medical University 'Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov' Varna Faculty of Medicine
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (Internship)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Maryland Association of Nigerian Physicians
- MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Physician Recognition Award, Maryland Association of Nigerian Physicians
- Distinguished Service Award, American Lung Association of Maryland
- Humanitarian & Culture Award, Shades of Ebony Kuture, Inc.
- Physician Recognition Award, TAAF Foundation
- West African Women Leadership Gold Award
Ruth N. Agwuna, M.D., F.A.A.P.
5084 Dorsey Hall Dr., Suite 104
Ellicott City, MD 21042