Dr. Paul Dreschnack, MD
Hand Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Dreschnack is an internationally established Plastic Surgeon and Humanitarian. He joined Dr. Sharadkumar Dicksheet, founder of the India Project to work in the poorest regions of India, giving new hope and life to children who had none. Making 3 to 4 trips to India a year along with 11 other Plastic Surgeons in the New York area, operated on about 300,000 children free of charge. Children with birth defects in India suffer from the deformities themselves, but there is a social exclusion, unemployment and limited marriage possibilities, that often lead to the death of these children. Estimates are as high as 10,000,000 lives were impacted by free surgery for these children. After more then 15 years of this work, Dr. Dreschnack has been the recipient of numerous awards and knighthoods. He is a four time Nobel Peace Prize nominee, along with Dr. Dicksheet, and has been nominated by the US Congress for a Nobel Prize in Medicine. The Association of Operating Room Nurses awarded him the 1999 Distinguished Surgeon Award by the Tampa Bay Chapter. Dr. Dreschanck is very involved in Stem Cell research and is currently working on his Master's Degree in History at Harvard University despite his busy schedule.
- Allegian Health Plans
- Plastic Surgeon
- Hand Surgeon
- Saint Joseph's Medical Center
Education and training
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center (Internship)
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Louisiana State University, Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Residency in Surgery
- Medical School - Ross University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Manhattan College (Bachelor’s)
- American Burn Association
Awards and publications
- Knight Commander, Order of the Immaculate Conception of Vila Viçosa. Portugal.
- Vitezi Rend, Knightly Order of the Vitez of Hungary. By Josef Arpad von Habsburg.of Hungary.
- Knight. The Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus. By Prince Vittorio Emanuele, Prince of Naples. Italy.
Paul A. Dreschnack, MD, P.C.
20 East 46th Street, 7th floor
New York, NY 10017