Dr. Phillip Freeman, MD
Please Note: Dr. Freeman prescribes medication at times for treatment purposes, however is unwilling to meet with patients solely for medication management. Phillip Freeman, M.D., D.M.H.,offers general psychiatric treatments including psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and medication for adult patients as indicated. A training and supervising psychoanalyst at Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute (BPSI), Dr. Freeman is also a member of the faculty of the Departments of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School and the Boston University School of Medicine. In addition to practicing as a psychoanalyst and psychiatrist, Dr. Freeman is also an author, and a theatre/film consultant.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Harvard University, McLean Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- University of California, San Francisco, Doctor of Mental Health
- Princeton University (Bachelor’s)
- Medical School - Columbia University, Doctor of Medicine
- St. Vincent’s Hospital, Manhattan (Internship)
- University of California, Berkeley (Master’s)
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- International Psychoanalytical Association
Awards and publications
- ADAPTATIONS: Disquisitions on Psychoanalysis: 1997-2006. Hans Sachs Archives/Word Association Press, Tarentum, Pennsylvania, 2007.
- First Brief Communication: The Resilience of Illusion. International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies. 2011. doi: 10.1002/aps
- Second Brief Communication: The Resilience of Illusion. International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies. 2011. doi: 10.1002/aps.
- Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst at Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
Dr. Phillip Freeman M.D. D.M.H.
44 Stony Brae Rd.
Newton, MA 02461