Dr. Rahim Rahemtulla, MD
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
As a board certified psychiatrist and pediatrician, my practice involves working with individuals across the lifespan, from children and adolescents to young adults and professionals. I have also worked in a university student health service, and am well-informed about problems unique to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students facing academic difficulties or anxiety due to academic pressures. Currently, I am a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at New York University School of Medicine. I am also an Attending Physician at Lincoln Hospital and Mental Health Center in the Department of Psychiatric Emergency Services. Just as every individual is unique, so is their treatment. It is my job to create a meaningful and appropriate treatment plan to help you achieve your goals. My approach to medicine is thoughtful and cautious; I will suggest the need for medication, but only when necessary and appropriate. I also value psychotherapy, and view it as a deeply personal, individualized, and dynamic process. Therapy is a place to share, unburden, and grow. By sharing my understanding of your concerns with empathy and respect, I hope to help you find insight into and relief from your adversities, and enhance your personal life so you may achieve healthier relationships with yourself and others. After booking your appointment, the next step will be a brief phone consultation to find out more about your needs and to help determine if this would be the right practice for you. I encourage you to reach out and I look forward to helping you achieve your goals. At this time I do not take insurance and am an out-of-network provider. However, my office can assist in helping individuals seek re-imbursement from their insurance.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Residency in Psychiatry
- Medical School - St. George's University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan, Residency in Pediatrics
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
Awards and publications
- Graduate Education Committee Award for Excellence in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2014.
- Iota Epsilon Alpha, International Medical Honor Society St. George’s University School of Medicine, 2000-2014.
- Minority Scholar, University of Pennsylvania, 1994-1998.
Rahim N. Rahemtulla
220 Fifth Ave, Suite 300 / Office #7
New York, NY 10001