Dr. Robert Weiss, MD
Dr. Robert Weiss is an attentive, compassionate gastroenterologist treating adult patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. His primary goals as a practitioner are to ensure accuracy in his diagnosis and treatment and to ensure effective communication with his patients. He uses his sense of humor and empathetic approach to put his patients at ease while they receive treatment. He also holds Board certification in both internal medicine and gastroenterology. Originally from New York City, Dr. Weiss attended the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in order to pursue his medical degree. He continued his medical education at the Beth Israel Medical Center, where he focused on the study of Internal Medicine. Dr. Weiss has also received training in Gastroenterology at Mount Sinai and the City Hospital at Elmhurst. Patients visiting Dr. Weiss can receive a full range of medical services. He provides specialty gastroenterologic consultations, colonoscopy, upper GI endoscopy, second opinions, colon cancer screenings, and consultations prior to surgery. When he is not treating patients, Dr. Weiss enjoys crossword puzzles, reading, sports, swimming, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel - Petrie Division
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Medical School - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Doctor of Medicine
Awards and publications
- Dr. Weiss was named in Castle Connolly’s “Top Doctors-New York Metro Area,” 2001-2016
Robert A. Weiss, MD
380 2nd Ave, Suite 1004
New York, NY 10010