Dr. Roy Rubinfeld, MD
Dr. Rubinfeld was the first Washington area ophthalmologist to become involved in the care of laser vision correction patients in 1990. He has performed over 15,000 LASIK procedures and numerous PRK and incisional refractive surgeries. In 1995, after five years of treating hundreds of laser patients, Dr. Rubinfeld had laser vision correction and now sees 20/20 without glasses. Dr. Rubinfeld has been interviewed on the topic of laser vision correction by The Washington Post, Newsweek, Washingtonian, ABC Evening News, Good Morning America, USA Today, Consumer's Digest, CNN Headline News, ABC and NBC television, Vogue, and dozens of radio and television stations throughout the U.S. He has been named one of the “Best Doctors in Washington” by Washingtonian Magazine. Dr. Rubinfeld is the author of dozens of scientific papers, book chapters, and monographs. He lectures extensively nationally and internationally.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical College
- Wills Eye Hospital, Fellowship in Cornea and External Diseases
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- VISX University
Awards and publications
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Honor Award for scientific and educational contributions
- VISX & Summit lasers – authorized trainer; Dr. Rubinfeld is authorized by the laser manufacturers and government regulatory agencies to train and certify other doctors in the use of these lasers.
- Washingtonian Magazine – Top LASIK Surgeons, VISX Star Surgeon, awarded to the top excimer laser surgeons in America
Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons
5454 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 950
Chevy Chase, MD 20815