Dr. Shaista A. Husain, MD, FACS
Head & Neck Surgeon, Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
Dr. Shaista Husain is a board certified Otolaryngologist/ Head & Neck Surgeon who practices in the Houston area. As an otolaryngologist, Dr. Shaista Husain devotes most of her time to treating patients with diseases of the head and neck area including tumors, cysts, polyps, lesions and nodules of the ears, nose, paranasal sinuses, oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, neck, salivary glands and skin. She is particularly interested in treating patients with thyroid nodules, thyroid growths and thyroid tumors, benign or malignant. Managing head and neck tumors involves a multidisciplinary approach where practitioners of multiple specialties, such as head & neck surgeons, radiation therapists, prosthodontics, medical oncologists, radiologists, and social workers, come together to create a treatment plan. The process begins with a patient who presents with a thyroid swelling, lump, or hoarse voice. This patient should be examined by a head and neck surgeon. Using the examination findings along with pathology from a fine needle biopsy, a diagnosis of pre-cancerous, cancerous, or benign lesion can be made. If the diagnosis of thyroid cancer is established and the cancer stage is determined, Dr. Husain often will present the case to a board of highly specialized doctors, the tumor board, for a multidisciplinary approach to planning treatment and management of the patient.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Head & Neck Surgeon
- The Methodist Hospital
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Texas Children's Hospital
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Khyber Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Otolaryngology
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Residency in General Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Over 20 Years of Academic Experience in Head and Neck Surgery.
Shaista A. Husain M.D., F.A.C.S.
1315 St. Joseph Pkwy, Suite 1109
Houston, TX 77002