Dr. Sheryl D. Clark, MD
**Please note this practice enforces a strict 24-hour cancellation policy** Dr. Clark's approach is unique in its comprehensiveness and grounding in basic science as well as the principles of functional medicine. She is attuned to preventative practices and eager to educate you about opportunities available to you to re-balance your life in order to bring back the health and vitality of your skin and body. She believes strongly that the key to feeling and looking healthy lies in a more in-depth evaluation of a patient's functioning, and may require more than the writing of a prescription to be achieved. Dr. Clark is also unusual in that her practice is capable of providing the most up-to-date and comprehensive aesthetic as well as medical care. Perhaps you will be more successful in your career or feel happier with yourself if you address the issues you have noticed, such as aging of your skin, scarring, frown lines, excess hair, bulges of fat that won't respond to diet or exercise, brown spots, blood vessels on your face or legs, or poor skin tone. She specializes in providing only treatments that have been proven to be effective, to be safe and without serious side effects, to improve your health, and to be affordable. She knows how to provide treatments that will give natural-looking results. We want our patients to be informed about health alternatives, because informed patients make better decisions about their health and well-being. That is why we've included an extensive section on this website covering a full array of topics associated with dermatology and dermatological diagnosis and treatment. We encourage you to look through these pages whenever you have an interest or concern about your skin.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Case Western Reserve University, Doctor of Medicine
- Washington University, St. Louis, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Washington University Medical Center, Fellowship in Dermatology
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (Internship)
- Case Western Reserve University, Fellowship in Schistosomiasis
- American Skin Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- American Medical Women's Association
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Clark, SD., Wilhelm, SM., Stricklin, GP., and Welgus, HG.: ”Co-Regulation of collagenase and collagenase inhibitor production by phorbol myristate acetate in human skin fibroblasts.” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 241:36-44, 1985.
- “Regulation of human fibroblasts collagenase and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases by retinoids and glucocorticoids.” Paper presented at the National Meeting of the Association of American Physicians, American Society for Clinical Investigation. The American federation for the Clinical Research, and the Society for Investigative Dermatology, Washington, DC, May 1986.
- America's Top Dermatologist, 2009.
Center for Aesthetic and Preventative Dermatology
109 E 61st St
New York, NY 10065