Dr. Shira Gelb, OD
Dr. Gelb is a native of Chicago where she went to University of Illinois and graduated with a Bachelor of Science with Highest Distinction in Biological Sciences. She then went on to pursue her optometric degree at Illinois College of Optometry and graduated in 2004. Dr. Gelb attended her externships at West Side Veterans Hospital, Illinois Eye Institute and St. James Hospital. Her professional affiliations include: American Optometric Association, Illinois Optometric Association, Associate member of College Of Vision Development (COVD) and Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society Dr. Gelb has worked in and around the West Rogers Park area of Chicago for the last 8 years. She is experienced in Performing comprehensive eye examinations for all ages Fitting the latest technology in both rigid and soft contact lenses Diagnosis and treating a wide range of ocular diseases and infections Evaluating and managing vision therapy Conducting pre/post-operative patient care and emergency services.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- Illinois College of Optometry, Doctor of Optometry
- Illinois Eye Institute (Externship)
- Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Externship)
- Saint James Hospital (Externship)
- American Optometric Association
- College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Illinois Optometric Association
Chicago Eye Care Center
3104 W Devon Ave
Chicago, IL 60659