Dr. Sydney Chen, MD, PhD, FACP
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
Staten Island, NY
About Dr. Sydney Chen
Internal medicine is my passion. I truly enjoy the spectrum and complexity of diseases and I find excitement and satisfaction in diagnosing, treating and providing care for my patients. My solid knowledge base and strong medical research background enhanced my clinical skills, allow me to pursue my commitment to provide comprehensive care to my patients. I like to take my time to talk to the patients, listen to them, answer their questions and make them feel comfortable. Most of all I enjoy caring for them.
- Primary Care Doctor
- Richmond University Medical Center
- Staten Island University Hospital - North Site
- Staten Island University Hospital - South Site
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science & Technology
- University of Paris (PhD)
- Harvard University (Fellowship)
- New York Medical College (Residency)
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
Awards and publications
- Arsura E. L. Chen S. X. New life for physiologic dead space? Editorial. Crit Care Med. 38(1): 288-291, 2010.
- Amir K. A., Chen S. X., Bobba R. K., Arsura E. L. Elevations of Serum Creatine Phosphokinase in Hospitalized Patients. Am J Med Sci. 338(5):353-356, 2009.
- Chen S. X., Amir K. A., Bobba R. K., Arsura E. L. New Onset Atrial Fibrillation in Medical Inpatients. Am J. Med. Sci. 337(3): 169-172, 2009.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Dr. Sydney Chen's office location
ALPHA INTERNAL MEDICINE, PC
315 Demorest Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314