Dr. Ted Spears, MD
Dr. Ted Spears is an orthopaedic surgeon and fifth generation Texan treating patients at Sports Performance International in Austin. His personal interest in running became his area of medical expertise. Training for his first marathon, he found running injuries to be underrepresented in the orthopaedic community. Having earned his B.A. at the University of Texas at Austin, Dr. Spears has since completed two fellowships with the first focusing on the foot and ankle. His second was through a private fellowship with the pioneer of knee arthroscopy, Robert G. Stone. Dr. Spears' expertise is not limited to those areas, he treats a full range of orthopedic injuries geared toward the athletic- and fitness-oriented population here in Austin. When he is not in the office, Dr. Spears enjoys running with his wife Rita. An avid runner herself, she has qualified for the Boston Marathon three times.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Northwest Hill Surgical Hospital
- Saint David's North Austin Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
- Scott & White Hospital at University Medical Campus, Internship in Orthopedic Surgery
- Scott & White Hospital at University Medical Campus, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Texas, Houston, Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Sport Performance International
9737 Great Hills Trail, Suite 240
Austin, TX 78759