Dr. Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS
Dr. Adam Schaffner is a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. He holds certification from the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology for plastic surgery within the head and neck. Dr. Schaffner is also a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, and the American Medical Association. For his undergraduate degree, Dr. Schaffner attended Emory University, graduating summa cum laude. He pursued his medical degree at Rush Medical College. Dr. Schaffner continued his medical education at the Stony Brook University Medical Center, where he completed a general surgery internship program and received residency training in otolaryngology–head and neck surgery. He has also completed fellowship programs in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, as well as aesthetic and breast plastic surgery. Patients visiting Dr. Schaffner can receive a full range of medical services. He provides laser skin treatment, liposuction, anti-aging treatment, burn and wound correction, and consultations for aesthetic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery. Procedures are available for the correction of areas including the face, stomach, thighs, ears, upper arm, and head.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Plastic Surgeon
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Education and training
- Stony Brook University Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Wayne State University, Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Stony Brook University Medical Center, Residency in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital, Fellowship in Aesthetic and Breast Plastic Surgery
- Mittelman Plastic Surgery Center, Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Medical School - Rush University, Doctor of Medicine
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Spear SL, Schaffner AD, and Clemens MW. “Prosthetic Breast Reconstruction.” Advanced Therapy of Breast Disease. Babiera GV, Esteva FJ, and Skoracki R, eds. BC Decker. In press.
- Spear SL, Schaffner AD, Jespersen RM, Goldstein J. "Donor Site Morbidity and Patient Satisfaction Using a Composite Nipple Graft for Unilateral Nipple Reconstruction in the Radiated and Non-Radiated Breast." Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Article accepted for publication in September 2010.
- Spear SL, Jespersen MR, and Schaffner AD. “Secondary Prosthetic Cases.” Surgery of the Breast: Principles and Art. Third edition. Spear SL, editor. Lippincott. 2010:476-491. ISBN-13: 978-1605465776.
Plastic Surgery Institute of New York
120 E 56th Street, Suite 800A
New York, NY 10022