Dr. Adnan Durrani, MD
***IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR. DURRANI, PLEASE CALL HIM AT THE BETTER BRAIN CENTER AT (703) 684-0334*** Dr. Adnan Durrani trained in psychiatry and specializes in anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, Schizophrenia, OCD, PTSD, Substance Use Disorders, and various other life crises. Dr. Durrani provides psychotherapy, CBT and medication, if necessary. He sees both adults and children. His patients are drawn to his friendly demeanor and appreciate the caring attention he gives to each person. Dr Durrani does not participate in insurance plans and is out-of-network for psychiatry appointments. However, he sees patients on Fridays and has no waiting list to make an appointment at this time. PLEASE NOTE: All new appointments are 60 minutes long. Follow-up appointments can be 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 45 minutes. 15 minute appointments are medication management only. 30 and 45 minute sessions include medication management and therapy sessions. PLEASE NOTE 2: For patients with ADHD, Dr. Durrani requires that you get neuropsychological testing done with a clinical psychologist before he will prescribe stimulants. If you already have testing documented, please bring this to your first appointment. Thank you
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
Education and training
- Medical School - Rawalpindi Medical University, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Einstein Healthcare Network, Residency in Psychiatry
- University of Toronto (Bachelor's)
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America
Awards and publications
- 1. Christopher J L Murray et. al, DURRANI, A.M. GLOBAL, REGIONAL, AND NATIONAL INCIDENCE AND MORTALITY FOR HIV, TUBERCULOSIS, AND MALARIA DURING 1990–2013: A SYSTEMATIC ANALYSIS FOR THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE STUDY 2013. The Lancet. 2014 Sep; 384(9947): 1005-1070. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25059949. Publication Status: Published.
- 2. Marie Ng, PhD, Tom Fleming, BS, Margaret Robinson, BA, Blake Thomson, BA, Nicholas Graetz, BS, Christopher Margono, BS, Erin C Mullany, BA, Stan Biryukov, BS, Cristiana Abbafati, PhD, Semaw Ferede Abera, MA, ADNAN M DURRANI, MD. GLOBAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL PREVALENCE OF OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS DURING 1980–2013: A SYSTEMATIC ANALYSIS FOR THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE STUDY 2013. The Lancet. 2014 Aug; 384(9945): 766-781. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 24880830. Publication Status: Published.
- 3. Christopher J L Murray et. al, DURRANI, A.M. GLOBAL, REGIONAL, AND NATIONAL LEVELS OF AGE-SPECIFIC ALL-CAUSE AND CAUSE-SPECIFIC MORTALITY FOR 240 CAUSES OF DEATH, 1990-2013: GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE 2013.. The Lancet. 2015 Jan; 385(9963):117-71. Cited in PubMed: PMID: 25530442. Publication Status: Published.
The Better Brain Center
2121 Eisenhower Ave, 604
Alexandria, VA 22314