Dr. Alex Sherman, MD
Dr. Alex Sherman earned his bachelor's degree from Columbia College and medical degree from the NYU School of Medicine. He completed his medical training at the Bronx Municipal Hospital Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He went on to complete a fellowship in gastroenterology at the NYU Langone Medical Center. A medical educator, teaching internal medicine and gastroenterology, Dr. Sherman has published numerous journal articles and textbook chapters, focusing on his fields of expertise in gastroenterology and liver diseases. He is actively involved in the teaching of gastrointestinal endoscopy at the NYU Langone Medical Center, where he serves as Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine. Dr. Sherman was instrumental in establishing and served as Principal Investigator for the Asian American Hepatitis B Program, a large-scale city-wide public health initiative. He is currently the Director of Clinical Trials at Concorde Medical Group, and has served as Principal Investigator for numerous studies. Dr. Sherman provides primary care to his patients as well as acting as a gastroenterology and liver disease consultant. He is proficient in various endoscopic procedures, including upper endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, colonoscopy, and ERCP. Dr. Sherman has been named to the Super Doctors® list.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- NYU Langone Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
Concorde Medical Group PLLC
232 East 30th St
New York, NY 10016