About Dr. Amar Naik
Amar Naik, MD, is a gastroenterologist at Loyola Medicine. His clinical interests include colon cancer screening, inflammatory bowel disease and colonoscopy-endoscopy. Dr. Naik is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Gastroenterology at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Dr. Naik earned his medical degree at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Naik is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology.
- 1st Agency
- Loyola University Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Awards and publications
- Dyssynergic defecation: a treatable cause of persistent symptoms when inflammatory bowel disease is in remission Perera, L. P.; Ananthakrishnan, A. N.; Guilday, C.; Remshak, K.; Zadvornova, Y.; Naik, A. S.; Stein, D. J.; Massey, B. T., Digestive diseases and sciences.
- Surgical outcomes in the elderly with inflammatory bowel disease are similar to those in the younger population Bautista, M. C.; Otterson, M. F.; Zadvornova, Y.; Naik, A. S.; Stein, D. J.; Venu, N.; Perera, L. P., Digestive diseases and sciences.
- Impact of pregnancy on health-related quality of life of patients with inflammatory bowel disease Ananthakrishnan, A. N.; Zadvornova, Y.; Naik, A. S.; Issa, M.; Perera, L. P., Journal of digestive diseases.
Dr. Amar Naik's office locations
Loyola Medicine - Digestive Health
Loyola Center for Health at Burr Ridge
6800 North Frontage Rd
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Loyola Medicine - Digestive Health
Loyola Center for Health at Palos
15300 West Ave
Orland Park, IL 60462
Patient reviews for Dr. Amar Naik
Dr is very personable, and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is excellent! Takes time to explain and answer questions.
Staff was very nice & truly care about their patients care!
Excellent staff and doctor!
I was impressed with the time I spend with Dr Amar Naik. He was warm n compassionate . He explained everything related to my case in great detailes. He was well imformed with my health concerns from the beginning of our visit. I felt as if I was talking to a family member who was looking after my interest. I would recommend dr Amar Naik to my friends n family. Dave
My visit was well informed. The doctor answered all my questions and explained my treatment plan well. He was very friendly and listened to everything I had to say.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroenterology Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Biliary Tract Problem
- Black Stool / Melena
- Blood in Stool
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy Consultation
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Problem
- Food Intolerance
- More Procedures
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances