Dr. Antonia Kofinas, MD
New York, NY
About Dr. Antonia Kofinas
Dr. Kofinas is a board certified dermatologist treating disorders of the skin, hair and nails. After graduating magna cum laude from the highly selective Seven-Year B.A./M.D. program at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Science in Washington, D.C., Dr. Kofinas returned to her native New York where she completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Northshore/LIJ Medical Center. She received her specialty training in Dermatology at Stony Brook Medical Center, where she served as chief resident. Dr. Kofinas treats a wide range of skin conditions and has extensive training in dermoscopy, a non-invasive technique used to detect skin cancer. In her free time, she enjoys traveling with her husband, cooking, and reading. Dr. Kofinas is also fluent in Greek.
- NYU Langone Health
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - George Washington University, Doctor of Medicine
- Stony Brook University Hospital (Dermatology)
- North Shore-LIJ Health System, North Shore University Hospital (Internal Medicine)
- American Academy of Dermatology
Awards and publications
- Fthenakis A, Wenk KS, Aragon-Ching JB, et al. Biclonal gammopathy in a patient taking efalizumab for the treatment of psoriasis. J Hematol Thrombo Diseases 2013, 1: 106.
- Fthenakis A, Klein PA. Retiform purpura in a patient with a history of cocaine use. Dermatology Online Journal 17 (4): 12.
- Fthenakis A, Klein PA. “Levamisole-induced thrombosis with stellate purpura: a case report.” Poster presentation, American Academy of Dermatology, 68th annual meeting. Miami Beach, Florida. March 2010.
- Fthenakis A, Kaufmann T. “Multiple Miliary Osteoma Cutis: A Case Report.” Poster presentation, American Academy of Dermatology, 72nd annual meeting. Denver, Colorado. March 2014.
- Fthenakis A, Kristal L. “Becker’s nevus in adolescence.” Presentation, Stony Brook University Suffolk Dermatology Symposium, June 2014.
Dr. Antonia Kofinas's office location
Big Apple Dermatology - Hellman Dermatology
30 Central Park South, Suite 10A
New York, NY 10019
Patient reviews for Dr. Antonia Kofinas
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Age Spots
- Annual Skin Screening
- Anti-Aging Treatment
- Body Sculpting Consultation
- Botox Treatment
- Brown / Dark Spots
- Dermatology Consultation
- Dermatology Follow Up
- Aetna Dermatologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- Cigna Dermatologists
- UnitedHealthcare Dermatologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Dermatologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Dermatologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Dermatologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Dermatologists
- More Insurances