Dr. Calvin Wei, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
Calvin Wei, M.D. is a board-certified and fellowship-trained otolaryngologist with a particular interest in Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery. His clinical focus includes the comprehensive treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis, endoscopic sinus surgery, revision sinus surgery, frontal sinus surgery, cerebrospinal fluid leak and encephalocele repair, pituitary surgery, and minimally invasive, transnasal approaches for sinonasal and skull base tumors. Dr. Wei performed his undergraduate work at Harvard University, where he received his degree in English and American Literature and Language and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He then received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine at the Texas Medical Center in Houston where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his residency in Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at New York University and fellowship in Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania where he trained under the direction of Dr. David Kennedy and Dr. James Palmer, who are internationally known authorities in the field of endoscopic sinus surgery and the endoscopic management of tumors of the sinuses and skull base, and Dr. Bert O’Malley, Jr., who is one of the foremost experts in the fields of head and neck, robotic, and skull base surgery. Dr. Wei has given oral presentations at the American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Annual Meetings and has published multiple articles and book chapters on the subjects of reconstruction of skull base defects, topical irrigations for chronic sinusitis, postoperative management in endoscopic sinus surgery, and the head and neck manifestations of degenerative and autoimmune diseases.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Iowa (Master's)
- University of Pennsylvania, Fellowship in Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- New York University, Residency in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- Harvard University (Bachelor's)
Awards and publications
- Harvard University Detur Book Prize
- Wei CC, Sirikanjanapong S, Lieberman SM, et al. Primary mucosal melanoma arising from the Eustachian tube with CTLA-4, IL-17A, IL-17C, and IL-17E up-regulation. Accepted for publication in Ear, Nose and Throat Journal.
- Wei CC, Sanfilippo NJ, Myssiorek DJ. Re-irradiation of metastatic disease from xeroderma pigmentosum. Curr Oncol. 2010 Jun; 17(3):83-5.
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai West
425 West 59th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10019