Dr. Channing Barnett, MD
Dr. Channing Barnett is a board certified dermatologist, with particular expertise in dermatologic and cosmetic surgery. She maintained her own private practice in Manhattan, New York, alongside her father for five years before joining the Boca Raton Skin Institute. She is now practicing at 7100 W Camino Real, Suite 301 in Boca Raton, FL. Dr. Barnett is committed to helping her patients reveal and maintain the healthiest skin possible. The cornerstone of Dr. Barnett’s successful dermatology practice is her philosophy of using minimally invasive procedures for maximum skin care results and long-term benefits. Dr. Barnett’s commitment to patient care and continued involvement in the research and development of new dermatological procedures ensures that her patients receive the most effective and sophisticated treatments available. A graduate of Princeton University where she played on the women’s varsity basketball team and won a league championship, Dr. Barnett received her medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She then completed a surgical internship at Lenox Hill Hospital, followed by a dermatology fellowship at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. During the fellowship she worked on clinical trials investigating hair loss, skin cancer, nail disease and psoriasis. Dr. Barnett went on to complete a three-year residency in Dermatology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Barnett has published a number of papers in various medical and surgical journals and contributed to several online publications and book chapters. She has also studied with distinguished dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons across both the United States and Europe in an effort to learn from the most reputable and innovative physicians in the field.
- Advantage Health
- Advocate Health Care
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Doctor of Medicine
- Princeton University (Bachelor's)
- Lenox Hill Hospital, Internship in General Surgery
- Columbia University Medical Center, Fellowship in Dermatology Clinical Trials
- Columbia University Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- International Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Palm Beach County Society for Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery
Awards and publications
- Barnett CR, Seo S, Husain S and Grossman ME. Intravascular b-cell lymphoma: the role of skin biopsy. Am J of Dermatopathol 2008 June;30(3):295-9.
- Barnett JG and Barnett CR. Silicone augmentation of the lip. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am 2007;15(4):501-512.
- Zappi E, Barnett JG, Zappi ME and Barnett CR. The long term host response to liquid silicone injected during soft tissue augmentation procedures: a microscopic appraisal. Dermatol Surg 2007;33(2):S186-191.
7100 W Camino Real, #301
Boca Raton, FL 33433